I spent the majority of this term improving the customizability of an Omeka theme. It was interesting to learn more about how the themes work, and also fun to play around with different design ideas. At first, it was hard to understand how anything worked together. But once I learned more about it, I was able to do more design work.
The whole intern team also investigated MediaKron that is developed at Boston College. I enjoyed exploring a new technology that is used for similar things. MediaKron has a higher emphasis on quick set up for its audience in education. I utilized some of the layouts inspired by MediaKron.
I look forward to applying this newly-acquired knowledge on a Carleton project next term. I will be working closely with the back-end intern, Alec, as we hope to improve the functionality of the Rome study-abroad research site.